Yurimaguas, city and capital of the Province of High Amazon in the department of Loreto in Peru. It is located northeast of Lima.
The word Yurimaguas comes from the fusion of the Yuris indians and the Omaguas indians.
Right after Peru's independence in 1827, the immigration towards Yurimaguas began. This population movement was boosted by the rubber boom at the end of the 19th century contributing to the growth of the city, and has made Yurimaguas known as the "Historical Capital of the Peruvian Amazon", and also known by its natural beauty as "the Pearl of Huallaga".
Yurimaguas is an ecotourist destination, especially during the August 15 annual festival of the Virgin of Assumption. Long dominated by the presence of the Church, the town is home to the Apostolic Vicariate of Yurimaguas, Loreto Region.
Because the paved highway is relatively new, Yurimaguas is easily accessible to the rest of the world.
Yurimaguas is accessible by land through Tarapoto. By bus or taxi is a 2hrs trip. Tarapoto is located 1 hr from Lima and there are daily flights leaving to Tarapoto. Flights cost on average of US$120, one way.
Yurimaguas has two seasons, rainy from December through April and dry the rest of the year. The climate is tropical, and the average annual temperature is 28º C, with an average of relative humidity of 85%.
* Pristine, lush Amazon forest
* Natural Lagoons (Cuipari, Sanango, Mayrujai, Yanayacu, Pucunillo, Pucuna, and the Rimachi)
* Paranapura river basin
* Marañon river basin
* Amazonian artists
* Huallaga river and many small cultivated islands
* Rich forest biodiversity
* Famous Hieroglyphic stone of Cumpanama
* Different reforestation systems for the Amazon area
* Native and exotic fruits and vegetation
* Delicious Amazonian food unique to the region
* Famous Shamans
* Nearby Amazonian ethnic groups
We are 5 minutes away from the Main Plaza, in a very safe neighborhood. The Posada was inagurated in January 2008, so all the facilities are brand new and well decorated.
* 12 Large rooms with private bathrooms
* Hot water 24hrs
* Cable TV
* Beautiful view from each room
* Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
* Secure parking lot
* Swimming pool
* Laundry service
* Bar providing regional and national drinks
Please send us an email or call us.
Telephone numbers: +(51)065-352905, +(51)065-352975
We hope to see you soon!!!